Kay Wilson's Resume
Executive coach and employment lawyer with experience in human resources and employee relations.
Knowledge base includes:
- Employee Relations
- Conflict Management
- Presentations&Training Development
- Labor Relations
- Workplace Investigations
- Legal Compliance
- Risk Management
- Employment Law
- Diversity Training
- HR Policy Application & Interpretation
KAY WILSON COACHING & TRAINING, Glastonbury, CT (2006 – present)
Human Resources Consultant, Executive Coach
- Provide executive coaching and training to diverse industries.
- Provide professional facilitation for meetings, events and executive summits.
- Design training and coaching interventions for improving workplace environment.
- Innovated an executive coaching process entitled, “Charm School for Mavericks”.
Crumbie Law Group, LLC, Hartford, CT (2011 – present)
Litigation Manager, Attorney
- Defend Fortune 100 and 500 companies in civil litigation, including premises liability claims, employment law claims, and commercial litigation.
- Manage litigation team of seven attorneys by providing mentoring, coaching and oversight of all litigation.
- Represent two of Connecticut’s major hospitals in employment and contract litigation, and in disputes with public utilities.
U.S. POSTAL SERVICE, Windsor, CT (2001 – 2006)
- Achieved 95% percent favorable decision rate in contested federal administrative hearings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Merit Systems Protection Board, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Oversaw full roster of defense litigation for broad range of employment issues.
- Reduced litigation claims brought against Postal Service by developing training initiatives for managers and supervisors, focusing on communications, management techniques, and harassment prevention.
- Directed and ensured Postal Service compliance with requirements of multiple federal statutes, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act/REHAB Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act and regulations issued by OSHA.
- Created diversity initiatives for African American and Latino American employees.
- Provided general counsel to Human Resources Managers and staff nationwide.
- Performed workplace environment interventions to mail processing facilities.
Law Office of L. Kay Wilson, East Hartford, CT (1995 - 2001)
Owner and Managing Member
- Managed general practice covering civil and criminal litigation representing both corporate and individual clients with practice areas including personal injury, employment law and commercial litigation.
- Tried cases before the jury and court, as well as numerous administrative hearings.
Pepe & Hazard, Hartford, CT (1993 - 1994)
Law Clerk for Commercial Litigation Unit
- Researched law, supported discovery practice and worked with litigation attorneys to advance cases.
- State of Connecticut, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2012
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, CT
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
B.A., Political Science, , 1989
Results Coaching Systems, Coach Training, NYC, 2002
Certified Neuro Linquistic Programming Practitioner, 2008
- NEA Law Office Recognition Award, United States Postal Service, 2003-2006
- Certificate of Appreciation, USPS NEA Diversity Initiatives, 2006
- District Manager’s Award, CT District, United States Postal Service, 2005
- Bright Star Award, WNY District, United States Postal Service, 2005
- Certificate of Appreciation for New Attorney Training, USPS, 2004
- American Jurisprudence Award, Civil Procedure, University of Connecticut Law School
- Connecticut Bar Journal, Editor at Large, 1999 – Present